It’s May Day, and of course Miss CP has her knickers in a wad. The beautiful spring day we had on Sunday has been replaced by typical Oregon liquid sunshine. Summer might be cancelled altogether. So what a writer who’s as grouchy as Miss Crankypants really needs on a gray cloudy overcast yuck-o day, are some reminders about the silver lining Mom used to talk about, in the tradition of the Irish:
- MAY you always find yourself with deadlines, for this means someone is paying you to write.
- MAY you never be without M and Ms as you write, for if you’re lucky they’ll melt in your mouth, not on your keyboard.
- MAY you always find ways to mention your book in public, even if the conversation is about colonoscopies.
- MAY you always have the wind at your back, unless it means you get whipped across the face by your hair.
- MAY you never be without hair to whip, teeth to chew and spectacles to see. Especially spectacles like cats who fry mother boards or think your laptop is a heating pad.
- MAY you always know at least one writer whose work, in your opinion, is worse than your own.
HAPPY MAY DAY!!